Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
Peace of Mind. For a Lifetime.
650 VW Dealers in the United States. 11 in Minnesota. 5 in the Twin Cities. Only 1 with a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. That's The One and Only Volkswagen of Inver Grove.
We know our customers love their cars, and are keeping them longer than ever. Since our mission is Creating Customers for Life, we decided to take it a step further-give our customers peace of mind for life. That's why we provide a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty at no additional cost to everyone who buys a new Volkswagen and select used vehicles* from us here at Volkswagen of Inver Grove. It's something you won't find at any other Volkswagen dealer in Minnesota. Period.
What is a Limited Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
- Simply put, it is a warranty for as long as you own your car that provides protection to the key component groups that are essential to keeping your vehicle running: the engine, transmission/transfer case/all-wheel drive assembly, and drivetrain assembly.
What Does it Cost?
- There's no cost to you. It is free and included on every eligible vehicle sold at our dealership.
- Eligible vehicles include all new, unused vehicles and most used vehicles current model year to 5 years old with less than 80,000 miles.*
How Long Does it Really Last?
- Because our dealership is committed to providing both superior products and service to our customers, the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty lasts as long as you own your vehicle.
What Do I Have to Do?
- Simply maintain your vehicle to the manufacturer's recommendations and we will pay for covered claims up to the generous limit of liability. For a single claim, we will pay up to the fair market value of your vehicle immediately before the covered mechanical failure. The total we will pay for all covered items can be up to the vehicle's purchase price.
Can I Do My Maintenance and Repairs Elsewhere?
- Yes! While we would love to have you allow us to service your vehicle, we understand you may not always be able to get back to the dealership, and in some cases life takes us to a different city or state. That's okay! Simply maintain your vehicle at any ASE Certified repair facility and keep your receipts, and the warranty stays intact.
What If I Want More Coverage?
- That's perhaps the best part of the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Any of our vehicles that receive the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty qualify for the available Lifetime Comprehensive Wrap coverage, which would give you new vehicle warranty coverage for LIFE! Better yet, it's incredibly affordable. Don't need comprehensive coverage for a Lifetime? No problem! While you still receive the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty from us for free, you still get great discounted rates on stated term comprehensive wrap coverage. Get in touch with one of our finance specialists for more details!
What Exactly Does the Warranty Cover?
The following are all of the covered parts:
- Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head(s), rotor housings and their internal parts, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds(s), timing gears, timing chain(s) or belt(s), timing chain or belt tensioner(s) and timing chain or belt cover, valve cover(s), flywheel or flex plate, ring gear, harmonic balancer, oil pump, vacuum pump, water pump, oil pan, turbocharger or supercharger housing(s) and their internal parts, waste gate, intercooler, engine mounts, and EGR valve.
- Transmission/Transfer Case/All-Wheel Drive Assembly: Transmission case, transaxle case, transfer case and their internal parts, torque converter, vacuum modulator, cooler and metal cooler lines, transmission mounts, slave cylinder and master cylinder of a manual transmission clutch assembly.
- Drivetrain Assembly: Final drive and axle housing(s) and their internal parts, axle shafts and bearings, universal and constant velocity joints, drive shaft(s), center bearings and drive shaft yokes, four-wheel-drive engagement actuator/motor, traction control linkage, solenoids, control processor and sensors, and 4x4 locking hub. Front wheel drive and rear-wheel drive.
- Consequential damages are subject to state laws. Subsequent damages to or from non-covered parts are excluded.
DISCLAIMER: While we make every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy of information, we do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Failure to maintain your vehicle per the manufacturer's specifications, sale, or transfer of the vehicles will terminate coverage. Not all vehicles qualify for coverage. Those vehicles not qualifying for coverage are as follows: New leased vehicles, Volkswagen V12, and Volkswagen W12. Used Vehicles with more than 80,000 miles or older than 5 model years from the current calendar year. Any of the following vehicles: Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Volvo, Audi, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Porsche, Roush, Callaway, Lotus, Saleen, Acura NSX, Prowler, GT-40, Saab, Daewoo, Hummer, Daihatsu, Corvette ZR1, Alfa Romeo, M Models, Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Camaro, Callaway Corvette, Camaro ZL1, City Express, Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, Hellcat, Ford GT, Transit Connect, Jeep Trackhawk, Lexus LF (all models), Maybach, McLaren, Sprinter, AMG, V12, Mini Dinan, Nissan GT-R, Micra, NV, Ram ProMaster, Tesla and Viper. This list is subject to change. See dealer for current exclusions.